St Mary Mounthaw
• The Mortality Bill for the year 1665, published by the Parish Clerk’s Company, shows 97 parishes within the City of London. By September 6 the city lay in ruins, 86 churches having been destroyed.
• In 1670 a Rebuilding Act was passed and a committee set up under the stewardship of Sir Christopher Wren to decide which would be rebuilt. Fifty-one were chosen, but St Mary Mounthaw to the west of Old Fish Street Hill in Queenhithe Ward was one of the unlucky minority never to be rebuilt.
• Built as a private family chapel for the Montenhaut family, the parish had strong connections with the Diocese of Hereford whose Bishop used it as a London base, one of whom John Skypp, personal chaplain to (and champion of) Anne Boleyn was buried in the churchyard. Edward Foxe was also buried here.
• Following the fire it was united to St Mary Somerset