St Alban the Martyr Holborn
• The church is situated in Holborn central London.
• William Henry, 2nd Baron Leigh gave the site for the church's construction and William Butterfield produced the design in 1859. Construction occurred between 1861 and 1862 in yellow and red stock bricks with stone dressings and tiled roofs.
• In 1862 Alexander Mackonochie became the first perpetual curate and St Alban's was the first Anglican church to hold the three-hour devotion on Good Friday (in 1864) and one of the first to celebrate a Harvest Festival. Mackonochie's pastoral ministry was typical of the 19th-century "slum priest". With his two curates, and lay assistants he founded schools, soup kitchens, a working men's club, mothers' meetings, clothing funds and more. He remained until 1882 and remained as an assistant priest after that date.
• In 1891 a chapel was added to designs by Charles Henry Money Mileham (1837-1917), with the chapel's stained glass by Charles Eamer Kempe added in 1898 - it now also contains two Stations of the Cross by Ninian Comper.
• The church was burned out during the London Blitz in 1941, though the chapel survived. The main church was restored by between 1959 and 1961, including a new organ by John Compton. Beside the church's entrance is a 1985 sculpture by Hans Feibusch entitled 'Jesus being Raised from the Dead' - the same artist had produced the church's current set of Stations of the Cross (date unknown) and a mural of the Holy Trinity for the east wall (1966).
• The church itself is now considered a traditionalist Anglo-Catholic parish.
• It has been Grade II listed since 1951.