St Chad Haggerston
• St Chad's Church was described by Sir John Betjeman as "One of the best examples of an East-End Anglo-Catholic Church."
• Designed in 1868 by James Brooks, a local architect from Stoke Newington.
• The Parish was founded in 1869. Since its foundation the Parish of St Chad's has been combined with St Mary's Haggerston, which was destroyed by a bomb during WWII, and more recently with St Augustine's Haggerston.
• The church is built in red brick with stone dressing in a cruciform style with aisles. It has a central bell tower and a high, pitched roof.
• The red brick interior is striking with a very tall chancel arch to the rib-vaulted chancel
• Gray limestone font in C13 style.
• The Church and Vicarage of St Chad are built in the same style.
• It is a Grade 1 listed building.