St John Wapping
• The church of St John's took a direct hit from an incendiary bomb during the Second World War and now only the original tower remains.
• The Blue Coat School and the Church are now converted to apartments.
• The church of Saint John of Wapping was constructed in 1617 as a chapel of ease to Saint Mary, Whitechapel.
• At Execution Dock many pirates were hanged.
• It was assigned a separate parish in 1694. The building was replaced in 1756-60 on a site opposite the old church. Most of the building was destroyed during the Second World War; however, the tower survived and was restored.
• The parish was united with Saint Peter, London Docks