St Mary Bothaw
• St Mary Bothaw was also referred to as ‘Saint Mary Boatehaw by the Erber’, which stood on the south side of Cannon Street in Dowgate Ward.
• St Mary Bothaw was described by Stow as a "proper church". The dedication is generally derived from ‘boat-haw’, meaning ‘boat house’. It was one of the 13 "peculiars" within the City under the patronage of the dean and chapter of Canterbury Cathedral.
• Although small it contained the tomb of Henry Fitz-Ailwin de Londonestone, first Lord Mayor of London.
• It was destroyed in the Great Fire and not rebuilt, instead the parish was united to that of St Swithin London Stone, and some of the materials from St Mary's were used to rebuild that church.
• It shares the distinction with St James Garlickhythe as being the only churches whose registers begin before 1539. The originals are kept in the Guildhall.
• The site was retained as a churchyard until the Cannon Street Railway Station was built over it in the nineteenth century.