St Michael le Querne
• The dedication derives from a 12th-century reference to it being near a place “where corn is sold", though originally it was names St Michael ad Bladum.
• Before 1390 the old Cheapside Cross stood at the east end but this was taken down and replaced by a water conduit. • Rebuilt in 1430, and beautified in 1617, the parish officers were re-appointed for the last time in July 1666.
• The Mortality Bill for the year 1665, published by the Parish Clerk’s Company, shows 97 parishes within the City. By September 6 the city lay in ruins, 86 churches having been destroyed.
• In 1670 a Rebuilding Act was passed and a committee set up under the stewardship of Sir Christopher Wren to decide which would be rebuilt. Fifty-one were chosen, but St Michael-le-Querne immediately to the north east of Paternoster Row in Farringdon within Ward was one of the unlucky minority never to be rebuilt.
• Following the fire it was united to St Vedast Foster Lane and partial records still survive at IGI.